We have been called to work. I have worked in so many stations in life which gives me a unique view on the economy:
- Level’s Food Center as a stocker/sacker – a blue collar worker
- Texas State Highway Department as a flagger, mower, dead-animal scraper 😊 – a government job
- Tarleton State University as teacher’s assistant – an education position
- Shell Pipe Line as an accountant – in the oil and gas industry
- Pfizer and Sanofi Pharmaceutical – in the healthcare profession
- SCI corporation as a sales manager – property management
- Farm and Ranch – in agricultural work
- Pastor – religious realm
- Business owner with an accounting firm, eight toy stores, 2 barbecue restaurants
- Inventor of HIS Crystal Memory Company – entrepreneurial endeavor
- Writer of two published books – Living Your Way Out of the Mess, Preaching Your Way Out of a Mess
In the United States, we are free to try, free to fail, and free to succeed. We can live where we want, do what we want, study what we want, and endeavor to achieve our wildest dreams. In short, we can pursue happiness. We were never promised happiness, but the pursuit of it.
How best can this be done? Get government out of the way. Government can referee to make sure people play fairly. Government can step in if its citizens are exposed, but the free market can take care of this, if allowed to. The Government creates inconsistences, impedes businesses from failing that should fail, and prevents businesses from succeeding that should succeed. Taxation is a big part of this equation.
We have seen in the last four years what the economy can do if the government is unrestrained. We have also seen in years past what our economy looks like when business is restrained. Free enterprise, innovation, and entrepreneurship has made us great and these will keep us great.
Biblical Support – 1 Samuel 8:11 “This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and
make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the Lord will not answer you in that day.“
Pastor Johnny Teague is running for Congress in the 9th Congressional District of Texas. For more see Johnny Teague On The Issues.